This winter is going to be extra difficult for many of us. Here is some information and advice to help you through.
Winter Household Support Fund
In December, Manchester City Council sent out cheques to households who qualified for the above one off payments of either £70 or £100.
Did you receive one and not banked it yet?
The deadline for paying into account was Monday 31 January – this has now been extended to Monday 28 February so if you have not banked yours yet please do so by the extended deadline so you don’t miss out. .
Where to go for information and advice
For information on the Warm Home Discount Scheme, Winter Fuel Payment, Cold Weather Payments and more support go to the Manchester Helping Hands website Help with energy bills | Help with energy bills | Manchester City Council
Free and impartial help with money, backed by the government | MoneyHelper (formerly Money Advice Service)
Keep up-to-date with changes to www.ofgem.gov.uk
There’s also some great tips here from Mears in their Keeping Warm and Well toolkit.
Need to talk?
Here are a few services to help you through difficult times:
- Be Well Service – finding a way to live and feel well with one-to-one support 0161 470 7120
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB) – free, confidential, impartial advice 03444 111 222
- Gateway M40 provide debt advice with full resolution and support with managing debt. They also offer welfare rights advocacy, food pantry support and fuel voucher support (subject to availability) www.gatewayM40.org 0161 202 3511
- Samaritans – call free, any time, from any phone – 116 123
- For confidential 24/7 crisis text support for times when you need immediate assistance, text “SHOUT” to 85258
- CALM is the Campaign Against Living Miserably, for people who are down or have hit a wall for any reason call free and anonymous 0800 58 58 58 (daily, 5pm to midnight) or webchat with trained CALM staff www.thecalmzone.net
- Free 24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247.
- Free Male Advice Line 0808 801 0327
If you’re unsure on the help and support you need, please speak to one of the S4B team who can help guide you in the right direction. Send an email telling us what help you need help to [email protected] or give us call on 0300 555 0128 (24/7). Help is available, so please get in touch.