Universal Credit goes Digital in Brunswick

Universal Credit has gone digital in Brunswick, replacing the following benefits:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit

If you receive benefits and your circumstances change, or if you need to claim benefits for the first time, you will need to apply for Universal Credit.

So what do I need to do?

There are a number of things you can do to make sure you’re prepared for Universal Credit and you will need to do this online:

  • If you don’t have a bank account already, set one up
  • Provide an email address and mobile telephone number
  • Make sure you can access the internet
  • Let S4B know if you start claiming Universal Credit

If you need help getting online, we are here to help. There is free access to Wi-Fi and laptops in the S4B housing office.  Please get in touch to make an appointment and we’ll get you set up. T: 0300 555 0128 or call into the S4B housing office on Bramwell Drive to speak to a member of the S4B team.

What do you mean by a change of circumstances?

Examples of changes in your life that could mean you need to claim Universal Credit include:

  • Starting a new job (but still claiming benefits)
  • Becoming unfit for work
  • Having your first child
  • Being declared ‘fit for work’
  • A partner moving in or out of your home
  • Becoming a carer

Struggling? We’re here to help
If you need any help or advice about claiming Universal Credit, please email us or give us a call 0300 555 0128.

Resident Assistance Fund
S4B has an emergency fund available for its customers in financial difficulty. To apply, please get in touch and ask to make an appointment with financial inclusion officer Yvette Brown.
T: 0300 555 0128, email  or call into the S4B housing office. More information here.

This video will tell you everything you need to know about setting up an account and claiming Universal Credit…