This new guidance covers all 10 local authority areas in Greater Manchester, including Manchester. There is no set period for the new restrictions, the Government will continue to review the situation.
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert and adhere to the guidelines:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
- Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
- Wear a face covering when using public transport (unless exempt)
- Wear a face covering in shops and supermarkets (unless exempt)
New rules for the region mean:
- People who do not live with you must not visit you in your home or garden*
- You must not visit someone else’s home or garden, even if they live outside of Manchester
- You should only socialise and go out with people you live with*
- Two households (or six people from a number of households) can meet outdoors in areas like parks with social distancing
- Places of worship with strict COVID secure arrangements remain open
- Try not to share a car with someone you don’t live with – unless it is part of a school or work bubble arrangement
*Support bubbles are exempt from this rule. A support bubble is when a single adult, with or without children, who lives alone can join up with another household.
People living inside and outside of Manchester can continue to travel in and out for work and can still go to cafes, restaurants, the gym and other public places, but only with members of your own household – even if you are going outside of the restricted area.
Businesses should take steps to ensure people do not interact with people they do not live with, in line with COVID-19 Secure guidance.
Visit Gov.uk Coronavirus FAQ for more detail about what you can and can’t do.
TEST AND TRACE
The new NHS COVID-19 app, now available to download for free is the fastest way to see if you’re at risk from coronavirus. The faster you know, the quicker you can alert and protect your loved ones and community.
The app has a number of tools to protect you, including contact tracing, local area alerts and venue check-in
Or, why not keep a journal so you can retrace your steps?
It takes seconds to keep a record of who you’ve socialised with and where you’ve been. It could be crucial to the NHS test and trace service and it could save lives.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – UK government response: gov.uk/coronavirus
- Government travel advice: gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
- Guidance for employers and businesses: gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19
- Help with debt, bills and borrowing: manchester.gov.uk/helpinghands
- NHS advice and information: nhs.uk/coronavirus
S4B HOUSING OFFICE
The S4B housing office currently remains closed but you can meet with a member of the team by pre-booked appointment only.
For more information, or to book an appointment, please telephone 0300 555 0128 or email [email protected] – we are here to help.