Cash for Communities offers £500 – £2000 to support local groups.
The project must benefit S4B tenants or communities and must link with the following themes:
Employment, Enterprise and Training
– Starting up a work club
– Helping people set up local businesses
– Support projects to help people into work
Community Health and Wellbeing
– Offering information and support to be healthy
– Projects which create stronger communities and partnerships
– Developing new and existing spaces in the community
– Supporting older people- e.g. keeping warm in winter
Youth Engagement Activities
– Opportunities to help young people into work
– Awareness raising of local issues (e.g. gangs/ drugs etc.)
– Volunteering opportunities for young people
Financial and Digital Inclusion
– Support and knowledge to tenants on how to save money
– Energy saving projects- how to reduce bills
– Basic computer courses
The funding, deadline is 31st October 2014.
Criteria To apply for funding you must be a constituted group with access to a bank account. Relevant policies must be provided (e.g. health & safety, child protection) and the project must be completed by the end of this financial year (March 2015).
Please note: We don’t support core running costs, school applications for core curriculum activities, community day trips or sport team sponsorship.
In addition to funding, the Community Investment Team will provide 7 hours support to each project to help with set up/ evaluation/ funding support or however they need help.