We appreciate what an uncertain and worrying time this is for our customers across the country. We are continually monitoring Government advice and as a result have introduced a number of changes to our services. This is to ensure we minimise risks to the health and safety of our customers and staff whilst also trying to continue to deliver our services to you.
In line with Government guidance on social distancing that non-essential contact should be avoided where possible, we been advised to close the S4B housing office to visitors from 19th March.
Please email any non-emergency repairs to us at [email protected] which will be dealt with during office opening hours, Monday – Friday 9:00am-5:00pm.
Any emergency repairs, neighbourhood concerns or anti-social behaviour can be reported by telephoning: 0300 555 0128 (24-hours).
Staff will continue to work in the neighbourhood and providing services but S4B is now avoiding face-to-face contact.
Construction work has now restarted in a limited way on the sites in Brunswick.
Vistry Partnerships have undertaken a comprehensive review of site operations to ensure compliance with Government, Public Health England and other key guidelines including the Construction Leadership Council Site Operating Procedures v3. Below are examples of the range of measures now in place across the site to ensure the safety of workforce. This is subject to regular monitoring by site teams and managers.
Examples Social Distancing & Safe Working Practices on the sites :
• Safety Information video produced by Vistry Partnerships.
• Specialist induction for all operatives attending site.
• Induction/briefing with employees includes discussion individual concerns or health considerations.
• All site risk and method statements revised.
• Zero Tolerance approach to non-compliance social distancing & automatic removal from site.
• Additional cleaning & PPE supplies received 24 April 2020 after long lead in order/delivery due to national shortage.
• Enhanced cleaning regime in place.
• Workers on site limited – only one operative to work in housing or apartment plot at any one time to ensure social distancing can be observed.
• Restructure of welfare facilities –toilets, closure canteen areas, operatives encouraged to have breaks in vehicles, additional hand washing.
• Signage & information on display in all properties under construction and site compound areas.
Your health and wellbeing
Please make sure that you keep up to date with the latest government advice about what you should do if you or a member of your household displays any potential symptoms of Coronavirus.
If you or a member of you household should need to self-isolate please contact us immediately so that we can to tailor our service to you accordingly.
We understand this is an anxious time for many of our customers, particularly those who are self-employed or whose job may be affected by measures taken to delay the spread of the virus. If you’re experiencing financial difficulties please contact us and we’ll do our very best to support you. Please don’t delay contacting us if you are in this situation or worried about falling into arrears.
- Pay your rent online using www.s4bmanchester.co.uk/your-home-tenant-services/making-payments
- Email [email protected]
- Call us on 0300 555 0128
Our service to you
Unless you have told us you are self-isolating, you can expect any appointments to go ahead as planned.
If you need us to visit you, for example carry out a repair, please be aware that we will call you beforehand to check your situation and ask you upon arrival whether you, or anyone in your household, has been affected by Coronavirus.
To protect our staff and other customers, unless it is an emergency, we will not visit you in your home during a period of self-isolation. We will however still carry out emergency repairs if safe to do so, and we will ask for your cooperation in taking sensible precautions.
As you would expect, as we will be seeking to prioritise emergency situations, there may be a negative impact on the speed of dealing with non-urgent repairs. If this happens, we would appreciate your patience and understanding. We will of course be doing all that we can to maintain our service to you all.
Over the coming weeks we are expecting high call volumes to our Customer Service Centre, so don’t forget you can access many of our services on our website www.s4bmanchester.co.uk such as rent account enquiries, booking or amending a repair, and paying your rent online here.
Keeping you updated
The situation with Coronavirus is changing all the time, so we will continue to update this page as things develop.
You can find the latest Government news and advice about Coronavirus on their website.
If you have any questions please email [email protected]
How you can help others in the community
- Think of others, consider your actions and be kind: People in every community will face the challenges of Coronavirus in some way – from needing basic provisions to help whilst they are unwell.
- Connect and reach out to your neighbours: As self-isolation increases, we need to find new ways to stay connected and check in on one another for our physical and mental wellbeing. Share phone numbers and stay in touch.
- Make the most of local online groups: Keep up-to-date, share information and be a positive part of your local community conversations.
- Support vulnerable or isolated people: Different groups in our communities are at increased risk and social isolation and loneliness are key concerns for all ages. There are things you can do like volunteering for local support services or donating to food banks to help.
- Share accurate information and advice: Support anyone who may be anxious about Coronavirus. Signpost them to the correct advice from Public Health England and encourage people to follow the correct hygiene practices.
Thanks for your patience and understanding
Take care and stay safe
From everyone at S4B