On Tuesday 11th April, The Works are holding an information and assessment session in preparation for a hospitality course starting soon at The University of Manchester.
The session takes place on Tuesday 11th April from 9.30am, at the Salvation Army Building, 71 Grosvenor Street, Manchester, M13 9UB.
To book your place, please contact Chelsea on 0161 359 3388.
To register for the courses, you will need to bring valid identification such as:
- Birth certificate or passport
- Two x proofs of address
- Proof of your National Insurance (NI) number
If you don’t have any of these, please let Chelsea know in advance so she can help you.
The two-week course, which starts on Tuesday 18th April, will provide current hygiene awareness and will give you the required skills to work in a hospitality/customer service environment.
You will also have the opportunity to apply these skills working in a realistic working environment, in the hospitality industry.
City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Customer Services
This will provide you with the skills required to deliver efficient and reliable customer service. You will gain an understanding of customer expectations and needs and will be able to deal effectively with customer queries and complaints.
There are four learning outcomes to this unit. You will:
- Know how to deliver good customer service
- Know different communication methods
- Know how to provide good customer service in line with organisational procedures
- Know how to effectively deal with customer queries, problems and complaints
City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Food Safety – Catering
This will provide you with knowledge of basic food safety practices in the catering industry. It will enable you to identify how to make changes to catering practices in order to improve the safety of the catering service as a whole
City & Guilds Level introduction to Facilities
This will provide you with training in the following areas:
- Health & Safety -employee and employer responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act HASAW
- Safe practices when using chemicals
- Safe practices when lifting and handling
- Importance of workplace and personal hygiene
- Hygienic practices in the prevention of cross contamination and infection
- Team working
- Communication Skills
Bar, Food & Wine Training
As part of the course you will spend a day with Verve People, one of Manchester’s leading hospitality recruiters, learning the skills of silver service, wine waiting, and bar work.