The full development
Brunswick benefits from a strong sense of community and enjoys a great location on the doorstep of the vibrant city centre.
The regeneration will bring in major investment to transform Brunswick, including:
- Improvements to more than 650 council homes – including new modern kitchens and bathrooms, external works and improved energy efficiency
- Creating 322 new high-quality family homes for sale and 200 for council rent with a variety of desirable designs and property types
- New extra care housing for 60 older people and a day care centre with community facilities
- Improving the layout of the neighbourhood through removing or gating existing alleyways, with new and existing houses facing onto open streets with natural surveillance, and introducing a new green boulevard diagonally through the estate, well-kept streets and safe open spaces
- Providing a new hub with new shopping and community facilities including a neighbourhood office.
- Significantly increasing the number of car parking spaces within individual properties from 67% (current parking provision) to 95%.
- Improving the green and recreational areas within the neighbourhood through landscaping the park and planting more trees, providing new higher quality play areas and new sports pitches, and introducing new city allotments and an orchard.