Money matters

Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) to help answer any money worries you may have along with ways to pay your rent. If you have no income, there is advice on how to claim Universal Credit here

Manchester City Council (MCC) have lots of information and support on their website for people who are in financial difficulties as a result of the Coronavirus. Check their Benefits and Money page.

MCC are providing £10 p/week per school age child to help with lunches for those in receipt of Free School Meals or those experiencing financial hardship as a result of the Coronavirus. Check their website for full details.

Beestro are offering a FREE hot take-away meal every day (Monday to Friday ) via the Brunswick Church car park door entrance from 1:00pm. It will be one person in at a time and keeping within the social distancing rules.

Utility Companies support if you are Self Isolating
Energy customers in financial distress will be supported by their supplier, which could include debt repayments and bill payments being reassessed, reduced or paused where necessary, while disconnection of credit meters will be completely suspended.

Contact your supplier if you have a prepay meter tell them your self-isolating and they will send you out two weeks’ worth of gas / electricity or if you have a smart meter, they will top it up.

 BRITISH GAS 0333 202 9802

 EDF 03332005100

 EON 0345 052 000

 N POWER 0800 073 3000

 SCOTTISH POWER 08000270072

 SSE 0345 026 2658

Self Employed
The Government are releasing details of a scheme to support some Self-Employed people via HMRC. This will be in line with measures already announced to support employees.

Please check for the latest information on this.