High rise blocks
- The four High Rise buildings in Brunswick DO NOT have the same cladding system as that at Grenfell Tower.
- Our blocks have a ‘curtain walling’ system on one side, which is NOT the same cladding system as Grenfell Tower.
- S4B has carried out a full technical review to check all fire safety of the high rise building. Until that work is complete, the decision has been made with approval from GMFRS Service, to change the fire and emergency policy at Lamport, Lockton, Silkin to an evacuation policy. The Wardens will patrol the building and to raise the alarm in the event of an emergency.
- PEEPS – we are asking all residents to complete their personal emergency evacuation policy to ensure we are fully aware of any residents requiring help in the event of a fire.
- Wardens have fire horns which they will sound off in the event of an emergency.
- To support the change in policy Fire safety warden will be stationed in Lamport, Lockton, Silkin Court, 24-hours a day until further notice.
- There is some remedial Fire Stopping work that we need to carry out at Lamport, Lockton, Silkin Court.